Sunday, October 21, 2007

London: accomodation, sights, a great weekend...

Did you know that the London Eye with it's 135 m is the tallest observation wheel in the World (well, pretty soon another one in Singapore will be taller). I didn't untill I visited it resently and it was quite interesting. You get the best view of the intire city sitting at the top. I can only recommend trying it if you ever visit the city.
Went to Kensington Palace too, the Tower and I guess a bunch of other places. Very overwhelming when you are only there for a few days and you still want to see most of the sights. But it's a fantastic city. Not only the historic sights but also the shopping and the musicals. And then on top of it all the pubs. British pubs are the only real pubs. Great selection of beer served the right way and then you get to watch a game of soccer or two. Though it was the Rugby World Cup that was on at the time.
Another great thing about London: Accomodation is easy to come by. I did a quick search for "London Accomodation" at google and within a few clicks I had found the exact sort of hotel I wanted. And it's not only hotels. In London accomodation comes in all sorts like B&B's, hostels, motels etc. etc. so nomatter what you are looking for it will be there somewhere.

No comments: