Monday, October 22, 2007

And now a quick word on Manchester

As I was writing the previous post on London and how I found accommodation in London and all that I just got to think about another city in England that I would love to visit: Manchester. And why? Because this is the Capital of soccer if you ask me. Manchester has two great teams - for a long time United was the only one for me but now it's more City.
And one of the most funny or interesting stories on this is that for eight years the Danish goalie Peter Schmeichel played for United but now he's son is playing for City. And he's doing a great job too.
Anyway, a quick search on Manchester tells me that it first of all isn't any harder than the London accommodation search. Finding Manchester hotels is as easy as two clicks with your mouse and then the city has a lot more to offer than just soccer. As mentioned before the pubs is something of interest and there certainly is a few of those in Manchester too. So I'm pretty sure this will be one of my travel destinations in the near future.

No comments: